Show Dont Tell
Much of my original posting on CRI has been in way of criticism without offering any positive alternative or solution, one reason for this, as the cliché goes, criticism is easy, other is my own political views are still work in progress (As Oscar Wilde said, “I am not young enough to know everything”).
That said I will like to qualify my humble appeal in which I objected to pretending that right exists in India, in any meaningful way. I will like to note following criteria to admit existence of right.
1. Define right in a broad but coherent way. (And again no, you can not just import definition of American Right)
2. Identify the set of philosophical/policy positions in Indian context which can be classified as right.
3. Locate in politics a serious faction or movement which identifies with said position. Or,
4. Identify a serious strand among contemporary Indian discourse which can be identified with said position.
5. Note emphasis on “serious”, by which I mean not twitter, or blog, or any other part of web.